Only a few steps from the parish church the Sternbauer attracts attention. The Sternbauerhof is one of the most beautiful architectural monuments in Val d’Adige.
The elongated farmhouse with its flat gable roof has a vine-covered outside staircase and vaulted ceilings inside. Its special charm comes primarily from its expertly restored external frescoes, of which those on the valley side form a four-part cycle with the Washing of Feet, the Last Supper, the Mount of Olives and the Crucifixion and which are essentially the result of renovation work from 1612. One fresco on the mountain-facing side of the house depicting four saints, an ornamental frame, coat of arms and an inscription dating back to 1519, points to the style of Bressanone painter and sculptor Ruprecht Potsch.
The name of farm, Sternbauer, was probably taken over from a farm in Terlano, because from the first records right up to the records from the 19th century the building is listed with the name of Goldfusshof (1279 “Coldefus”).